Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 1

For the first week of my project I used disposable plastics and kept them just to get the full effect of how much we as humans really use. Over the week, I collected an immense number of plastic bags and plastic water bottles. Although it may seem like the easier way of drinking water and carrying groceries etc, I now have plastic bags that I don't know what to do with. I realized how many plastic bags my family throws out every week just because we didn't use reusable bags. Through this week, I learned that having all the plastic bags is a waste and I don't need them past bringing the stuff that I buy home.  Normally, I use reusable water bottles because they are easier to fill up and you then do not need to buy a new water bottle everywhere you go. Since this week I used only non reusable plastics, I learned that it is much harder to use the non reusable water bottles than reusable ones. And it is also much more expensive. I found myself buying a new water bottle two or three times a day instead of just being able to refill my reusable bottle. So why don't people use reusable ones? I think that people think it is easier to just be able to buy another water bottle from the vending machine than going and filling it up. But take my word for it, it is much cheaper and easier to refill a reusable one than have to go buy another one every other hour.
So this brings me into week #2. What am I going to do?
Week two is going to be all reusable all the time! Reusable bags & reusable water bottles.